It’s the start of another cycle (as in menstrual cycle), and this cycle, I can honestly say my body is fully prepared to conceive. I’ve been working towards this since November 2009 and didn’t know if it would ever come together. Here’s how it went down.
- November 2009: Made a trip to the allergist to exchange my daily Claritin-D for a minimal dose of nose spray approved for use during pregnancy. Also found out I’m allergic to soy and sesame.
- January 2010: Started going to the gym 5 days per week.
- March – May 2010: Began thinking about cutting back on my one-to-two glasses of red wine per night. Warning: if you drink lots of coffee or too much alcohol, this step takes much consideration and practice.
- April 2010: Began charting my basal body temperature and cervical fluid to be sure I’m ovulating and to start learning which days I am most fertile.
- June 2010: Went to the dentist. Updated my antidepressant meds to the lowest risk option possible. Stopped drinking alcohol on a daily basis. I’m still drinking 4 – 6 oz. of wine at a time, but only up to two times per week. Coffee consumption is at one cup per day.
Next on the agenda–get husband to agree to start trying to conceive. Last time I checked, he’ll be ready in one to three months.